Sunday, May 25, 2008

Hell hath no torture

like 8 full patient write-ups which have to include ridiculous level of detail including a full neuro and rectal exam in every patient and a minimum 1 pg long discussion with references.

In fact, I'm pretty sure there's a special level of hell reserved for people who smack their food and drive in the far left lane going the same speed as the car next to them where all you do, day in and day out, is patient write-ups.

I've done six, but it feels like a bazillion.




Side note: Maybe it's just me, but doing a rectal exam in every patient kind of feels like assault.

2 comments:

OMDG said...

Neurology may be a bitch, but at least it's *mostly* an orifice free specialty. You have my condolences. on this lovely holiday weekend.

:-P

DK said...

That's the beauty of psychiatry. We assault our patients very differently, though, I guess.

And I *assume* that every patient write-up has has a thorough mental status exam, too, right? Because I KNOW that your examiners think that's every bit as important as that rectal on the healthy 25 year old with a UTI.

::sigh:: If only...