Old MD Girl tagged me with this meme, and given that I have a ton of homework to do it only seemed natural to fill it out.
1. Will you be looking for a new job?
Job? What's a job? You mean people do things other than study? And they make more than $5/hr? Holy Cow, I gotta look into that...
2. Will you be looking for a new relationship?
I have to admit that I'm getting sick of my relationship with Blueprints. I'm thinking of having a torrid affair with Case Files.
3. New house?
God, I hope so. 1275 square feet is no way to live, especially with a husband who is morally opposed to throwing anything away, ever.
4. What will you do differently in 08?
Well, right now, I can't do much differently, but in the not-to-distant future my life will cease to revolve around evaluations and shelf scores. So, in short, I will become an actual human again, with feelings and interests outside of medicine, assuming there are such things.
5. New Years resolution?
Old MD Girl said: "Talk about things other than work." YES! Me too!! Any ideas on what else there is to talk about? I got nothin'.
6. What will you NOT be doing in 08?
I will not be seeing "Remember the Spartans". I promise. (Side note: remember when parody movies used to be awesome? Like Airplane? I miss those days.)
7. Any trips planned?
I trip all the time, but I rarely plan it. I blame my shoes.
An awesome family wedding coming up soon. Another good friend getting married later this year; frighteningly, most everyone else I know is married. When did this happen?!?
9. Major things on your calendar?
Husband graduates (GRADUATES!! From EVERYTHING!!) in May. Starts residency in June.
10. What can't you wait for?
To match into the residency of my choice (knock on wood) and to GRADUATE! Also, it may be time to start having tiny humans of our own...
11. What would you like to see happen differently?
In keeping with number 5 above, I would like to have things to talk about other than work.
12. What about yourself will you be changing?
Again, Old MD Girl and I are on the same page... I have gained some confidence in the last 7 months of clinical rotations, but I'm not quite where I need to be yet. Also I have to start working out before people confuse me with Jabba the Hutt.
13. What happened in 07 that you didn't think would ever happen?
I aced the surgery shelf test (I know! I couldn't believe it either!) and published my second dissertation paper... JOY!
14. Will you be nicer to the people you care about?
Mainly I plan on being nicer to people I don't give a shit about. It throws them off.
15. Will you dress differently this year than you did in 07?
Not unless I don't keep my plan as detailed in number 12 and I have to start buying Jabba the Hutt Wear.
16. Will you start or quit drinking?
A wise man once said: "I don't need to drink to have a good time. I need to drink to stop the voices in my head."
17. Will you better your relationship with your family?
I am basically happy with how things are now. The only thing which could improve would be if I had more time, which I won't, so I guess not.
18. Will you be nice to people you don't know?
No, as per my new policy, I have to figure out if I care about them or not before I can be nice to anyone.
19. Do you expect '08 to be a good year for you?
I am pretty sure it will be awesome.
20. How much did you change from this time last year till now?
A lot. I think I am more confident in most of what I do, even if I still have plenty of insecurity. I also learned an extraordinary amount, AND I'm a "Dr." now.
21. Do you plan on having a child?
I plan on having a child mow my lawn.
22. What are your plans for new year's eve?
We watched Aliens for the 293,393,595,391th time, and it was awesome.
23. Will you have someone to kiss at midnight?
We didn't realize when midnight happened, because Ridley was fighting the Queen Alien in the big robo-loader.
24. One wish for 08?
A big, fat raise. I want to know what it's like to live the life of the fat cats making minimum wage.
I tag Heidolicious and nosugrefneb. Now send me something else before I have to resort to doing my assignments.